Monday, March 31, 2014

SHRP2

Once upon a time I just watched the Sci-fi movies and then twice upon a time I thought what if it could come true and not only remains in movies. Today I. See it is actually coming true with an exciting progress towards a so-called machine age!I am researching on highway safety and crash analysis. Naturally I deal alot with data and safety related factors. I come across many challenges in my work and in my studies. Challenges such as what if the observable factors are not truly responsible for the crash occurrences and what in fact lies behind the visible scene is something related to human factor that does not provide visible evidence for a causal relationship with all the fatalities but an association with the visible measurable factors. Well the reason I am writing on these unobserved or latent safety related causes is that they are related to human factor. Recently I have come across a set of studies conducted on acquiring naturalistic data directly from humans' perspective of an accident about to occur on the roadway. The study is part of a bigger research project named SHRP2 and is so much fascinating to me that I decided to get involved in it and utilize its significantly beneficial data. Here is a link to the research website and I will write more on the issue and my progress on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home